BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Jesus, be the center

it's been nearly two and a half weeks since i last posted. i thought i was getting better at posting more often, but i've been slacking a bit. i spend the majority of my time working. when i'm not working, i tend to spend my free time with adam. if i'm not working or not with adam, i'm pretty much just relaxing at home.

i haven't forgotten to update, i just haven't gotten around to it. i tend to write really long posts, going into a lot of detail telling a story. at the very minimum, i tend to take at least two hours. when i write a blog post, i need no distractions, and an uninterrupted block of time. i haven't had that in the past two weeks. not only that, i haven't had anything that stands out that i felt the need to write about. things have been going really well for me. there are a few minor setbacks and bumps in the road, but that's to be expected.

one huge thing though that has happened, not in the past two weeks specifically, is adam. this past sunday, was our one month anniversary. i know we are still in that "honeymoon phase" of our relationship, because we havent had any problems yet. we both know and have said that we are gonna eventually fight, and we arent always gonna get along perfectly. i think that's a good thing that we both know and understand that, not like we are in some weird denial.

one amazing thing about this relationship compared to ANY other relationship i've been in, is our shared faith. it means so much to me that we can openly talk about God and the bible, and we can both ask each other to pray for certain situations in our lives. once, adam was over at my house, and we went in the office and we read from my bible for an hour and a half. i had never read anything from the book of revalation before, and he has studied it, so he wanted to discuss it. it was really an interesting experience, and he said a few days ago that he wanted to go over genesis with me. he hasn't come with me to church yet, but that's only because of his work schedule. he wants to come, but it just hasn't happened yet. it will, i know it.

i'm not going to list all the good things about adam, or why i think he might be "the one." there are a lot of great things about him, and about us. there are a ton of things we have in common, and there are a lot of ways we just "click." naming them all seems almost pointless, because hardly anyone reads my blog in the first place, and also because i just don't see the point in it. i know i've done it before with past relationships. well, they are past relationships. i get all excited and tell the world about why this guy is so great and for what purpose?

the main thing i wanted to say about adam is that he is a christian, and both of our #1 priorities in our lives is God, and it's great that we can share that. also, i felt the need to share that because this is the first relationship i've ever been in that i can say that. i know that we have a strong relationship because God has been our center from day one, even before we were official. on our first date, we talked about our churches and openly discussed religious beliefs, and it was just so refreshing!

after went out for the first time, i was surprised at first that he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend. we both liked each other a lot, so to me it didnt make sense. he explained to me that rushing into a relationship and not taking things slow almost never ends well, and he told me that we should pray about it, that if it was God's will for us to be together, it will happen. he wanted us to be friends first before making it official because then if things didn't work out, we would be comfortable with being friends. we prayed about it, and one thing led to another, and we've been together for just over a month now. i hope that we continute to grow closer and stronger in our faith together, and God will continue to be in our hearts and guide us.

Almighty Lord, you do all things well. I know you have a wonderful plan for me and a wonderful plan for Adam, and only you know if our future is together. I want to lift Adam up to you now, and i pray that you continue to be with him and be in his heart. I also want to pray that you will continue to guide me day by day, and help me make good decisions. I pray that you will be at the center of our relationship, and even though sometimes it's hard to keep a clear focus on you, I know that you never grow impatient with us. Your love is unfailing, and that's an amazing thing. I want to completely surrender myself to your will, and let my future unfold according to your plan. I know that sometimes I don't always like what happens, but I continue to trust in you. I know that whatever happens with me and Adam, whether we are together in the future or not, it is all according to your plan. I pray this in your name, amen.

0 comments: